As a school community we have identified the following core values on which we base our behaviour and actions:
RESPONSIBILITY, RESPECT, COLLABORATION AND EXCELLENCE
At Tea Tree Gully Primary School our teaching reflects the following learning principles.
- Students learn effectively when they are highly motivated, focused and enjoying their participation in relevant and meaningful tasks.
- Students learn successfully in a supportive, accepting and caring social environment.
- By encouraging student input, influence and responsibility in the learning process, they develop a greater sense of connectedness, active involvement, and personal investment in learning.
- Learning has an individual dimension and our educational program must take into account differing learning styles and abilities.
- Learning is enhanced when all individuals and groups that make up our school community recognise and support our school values of respect, collaboration, responsibility and excellence.
- Learning is enhanced when students receive constructive and informed feedback regarding their progress and assessment is used to inform teaching practice.
Our school will strive to provide a success oriented, safe, caring and orderly environment in which all staff, parents and students are responsible for their own behaviour and supporting the rights of others.
By focussing on our school values and learning beliefs we aim to empower our students so that they can all become successful learners.